ECHO (Education Creates Hope and Opportunity)
ECHO provides one-on-one, home- and school-based case-management services to pregnant and parenting teens. Our goal is to help these teens complete their high school education, either through a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Teen parents who participate in ECHO are more likely to develop the life skills necessary to break the cycle of teen pregnancy. Case managers assist clients in setting their own goals and help them work toward reducing barriers—such as child care, transportation, and other life circumstances—that may prevent them from being successful in school—and in life. Currently, we offer services in Allen County.
- 100 % of clients remain in school to achieve their goal of graduation
- 81 % of students in the 2018-2019 class graduated or earned diploma or high school equivalence (HSE) compared to 40% of pregnant/parenting teens graduate nationally
- 99% of participants demonstrated an increase in knowledge of parenting skills.
- 100% of pregnant participants maintained appropriate prenatal care, improving outcomes for their infants at birth
- 92% of children were born at or above the national birth weight.
LSSI Financial Tool Kit Updated July 2021: A resource produced by LSSI to help families navigate the financial difficulties and changes policies during the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently updated to include information on the new Child Tax Credit of 2021.
ECHO helps young women stay in school as they cope with the challenges of pregnancy and parenting. Watch the videos above to see the personal experiences of our clients.