ECHO (Education Creates Hope and Opportunity)
ECHO provides one-on-one, home and school-based case-management services to pregnant and parenting teens. Our goal is to help teen moms and dads complete their high school education, either through a high school diploma or HSE certificate.
Teen parents who participating in ECHO are developing life skills necessary to graduate, parent effectively and to be stable in adulthood. Case managers assist clients in setting their own goals and help them work toward reducing barriers—such as child care, transportation, and other life circumstances—that may prevent them from being successful in school—and in life. Currently, we offer services in Allen County.
- 98 % of clients remain in school to achieve their goal of graduation
- Annually, more than 90% of ECHO parents typically graduate or earned diploma or high school equivalence (HSE) compared to 40% of pregnant/parenting teens graduate nationally
- 100% of participants demonstrated an increase in knowledge of parenting skills.
- 100% of pregnant participants maintained appropriate prenatal care, improving outcomes for their infants at birth
- 100% of infants of ECHO parents were born at or above the national birth weight in 2022.
ECHO helps young women stay in school as they cope with the challenges of pregnancy and parenting. Watch the videos above to see the personal experiences of our clients.